My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Another crazy, too short weekend...

Monday, March 28

Another crazy, too short weekend...

Wow - that weekend sure went by fast! And no pictures to show for it either... :(

Friday was a date night for hubby & I. We went to one of our favorite restaurants.

Saturday started out as a lazy day with some random errands to do. About 3pm, we decided to go test drive an Acura MDX. We'd been researching and test driving SUVs the last few weekends, and had been planning to buy something once we found the *perfect* vehicle. Well, turns out the MDX was the perfect vehicle for us, and after the test drive we decided to go for it. As we sat down with the sales guy, I made the terrible realization that I HAD LEFT MY KNITTING BAG AT HOME. Tragic. When I told Todd this, he said - "Good, you need to stay focused on the game - I don't need you getting distracted right now!" Hahaha - we are pretty serious negotiators when it comes to buying a new vehicle. Luckily we struck a deal fairly painlessly - thank goodness for the end of the month. Unluckily, the car we chose was in the dealer's warehouse, and we had to sit at the dealer for over two hours waiting for it to be prepped. Just think of all the knitting I could have done!

Sunday morning we got up early and went to church, then came home and cooked a yummy Easter dinner (ham, scalloped potatoes, and green beans ). I managed to get some knitting in later in the day - I swatched some cables with my new cable needles (yes, they really are pretty easy) and worked on a pre-work assignment for a knitting class I'm taking next weekend.

All in all, a great weekend, but way too short. And now that it is almost April, I'm going to need to stop relaxing (i.e. cut back on the knitting) and start hitting the books more on the weekends. Finals are just around the corner!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I just had to comment on your blog. I live up in the Sierra's but go to Filati's in Rocklin whenever I can. Have you been there? They just made their store bigger. It's worth the 3 hour drive to get there.

Don't you hate it when you forget your knitting? I'm so bad that I keep a ball of cotton and some size 8's in the car so that I can whip up a dishcloth while I am waiting :-)

3/29/2005 5:14 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I am so sorry that you had a bad experince at that store. You should try it again. The people that work there are really helpful! They do carry Koigu.....I have a pair of koigu socks on right now :-)

3/30/2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Congrats on the new car!

4/02/2005 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home