I've been trying to decide on my next few knitting projects, and here are my top five projects for this year... In all likelihood, I'll be working on these well into the next decade, but hey, a girl can dream!
1. Seed Stitch Shell from VK Spring/Summer 2005 - This looks like a very straightforward project... pretty basic. The never-ending seed stitch may drive me crazy, but this is something that I would wear a lot.
2. Tennis Sweater from VK Spring/Summer 2005 - This is so cute! I love the cables and ribbing. I have no idea yet what colors to use... Wendy will be making one in pale pink with pale green contrast stripes. I was thinking pale pink with dark blue stripes, but I have to go to the LYS to check out the yarn in person for this one.
3. Dale Gerbera - A basic ribbed sweater with a bit of Fair Isle. I've been looking for an excuse to play with fair isle, and this might be my chance. I'd probably start with the hat, to make sure I know what I'm doing, then knit the sweater.
4. Frieda from Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk - Mmmm - soft, cabley goodness! I just want to pet this sweater!
5. Rebecca Fall 2005 - This was the sweater in the teaser for the fall Rebecca mag. It has three of my favorite things - cables, fair isle, and a turtleneck. No worry that I've never actually knitted projects using cables, fair isle or turtlenecks before! This may be my favorite out of all the patterns. It will make a good fall project.