My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Upcoming projects

Wednesday, March 23

Upcoming projects

I've been trying to decide on my next few knitting projects, and here are my top five projects for this year... In all likelihood, I'll be working on these well into the next decade, but hey, a girl can dream!

1. Seed Stitch Shell from VK Spring/Summer 2005 - This looks like a very straightforward project... pretty basic. The never-ending seed stitch may drive me crazy, but this is something that I would wear a lot.



2. Tennis Sweater from VK Spring/Summer 2005 - This is so cute! I love the cables and ribbing. I have no idea yet what colors to use... Wendy will be making one in pale pink with pale green contrast stripes. I was thinking pale pink with dark blue stripes, but I have to go to the LYS to check out the yarn in person for this one.



3. Dale Gerbera - A basic ribbed sweater with a bit of Fair Isle. I've been looking for an excuse to play with fair isle, and this might be my chance. I'd probably start with the hat, to make sure I know what I'm doing, then knit the sweater.


4. Frieda from Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk - Mmmm - soft, cabley goodness! I just want to pet this sweater!


5. Rebecca Fall 2005 - This was the sweater in the teaser for the fall Rebecca mag. It has three of my favorite things - cables, fair isle, and a turtleneck. No worry that I've never actually knitted projects using cables, fair isle or turtlenecks before! This may be my favorite out of all the patterns. It will make a good fall project.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shhhh.... said...

Wow, great plans! (I especially like Freda, but they all have appeal) Can't wait to see them knitting up!

3/23/2005 6:43 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I have to go get the new Vogue knitting - looks like some great stuff. Just what I need - more stuff to dream over! The Rebecca turtleneck made it to my to-do list as soon as I saw it. I've never done faire isle either, but I'm going to for this little cutie. I can't wait until the pattern comes out. Maybe we can help each other through it.

3/24/2005 7:34 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Oooooh, all of those projects look *great*!!! I especially love the Rebecca sweater! Too much to knit, too little time!!! =)

3/24/2005 7:54 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

I like them all, especially the Rebecca sweater. Cables are really easy! and fair isle isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to start.

3/24/2005 11:01 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the patterns you're considering. I'm partial to Freda, but then again, it's warm here in Sacramento...

BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoy photography and collecting cameras. For something like blogging, digital cameras are definitely the way to go. I'm finding that taking good pictures of knitting is a challenge!

I like your knitted goods, especially the honeymoon cami. Great job!

3/24/2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger Cyndi said...

Thanks everyone for the comments - I wish I lived in a colder climate so I could wear sweaters more... I'm a total sweater gal.

Stephanie, you & I will have to have our own knitalong for the Rebecca sweater when the pattern comes out in Sept. Others welcome! (Caitlyn, Violet - are you in?)

I have been dying to knit Freda since I first saw the pattern, but have been waiting until the book comes in to the LYS. I could get it on the internet, but prefer to shop locally when I can.

3/24/2005 6:54 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh yes, definitely. I'll be anxiously awaiting the Fall Rebecca so we can get started - I may actually have the Rebecca wrap finished by then! :)

3/25/2005 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home