VK Seed Stitch Shell
The back of the seed stitch shell is finally finished. It actually went pretty quickly, it just seems to take forever when I only get to work on it for a few minutes here and there. I didn't run into any major problems while knitting it - the pattern is right on. I decided to make the selvedge stitches all knit stitches rather than seed stitch - the pattern didn't specify what to do. I think it makes for a nice, finished looking edge. Not that it matters, since I will be seaming it eventually anyway!
Here's a picture of it in its present, unblocked state.
Here's a look at the seed stitch up close. It works well for this yarn (Katia Pisco), and makes a nice, spongy, lightweight fabric.
I can't wait to finish up the front and try it on! But, that won't happen for a few more weeks, thanks to finals. In 21 days (and after 4 finals and a paper), I'll be done with another semester, with only one more to go!