My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: VK Seed Stitch Shell

Monday, April 25

VK Seed Stitch Shell

The back of the seed stitch shell is finally finished. It actually went pretty quickly, it just seems to take forever when I only get to work on it for a few minutes here and there. I didn't run into any major problems while knitting it - the pattern is right on. I decided to make the selvedge stitches all knit stitches rather than seed stitch - the pattern didn't specify what to do. I think it makes for a nice, finished looking edge. Not that it matters, since I will be seaming it eventually anyway!

Here's a picture of it in its present, unblocked state.



Here's a look at the seed stitch up close. It works well for this yarn (Katia Pisco), and makes a nice, spongy, lightweight fabric.



I can't wait to finish up the front and try it on! But, that won't happen for a few more weeks, thanks to finals. In 21 days (and after 4 finals and a paper), I'll be done with another semester, with only one more to go!

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I love the seed stitch and the color is fabulous. I did your meme, but forgot to put the pictures on my blog. I'll do it tomorrow, I promise :) Hang in there, finals will be over before you know it.

4/26/2005 8:12 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Pretty, pretty. I picked up the same exact yarn from Elann, now I know how it knits up!

The google satellite maps have been very popular. I wonder how often they update them. The one of my neighborhood was taken about 2 years ago.

4/26/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Looks great!

4/26/2005 6:33 PM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

I just left you the best comment EVER and blogger ate it!BLEH
short version ? You will have your next package in the mail this weekend (yea ok, a tiny bit early but Ive been holding on to it patiently!!)

GREAT job on your new seed stitched project - love the color!!

Have a great day!!

4/27/2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

I just left you the best comment EVER and blogger ate it!BLEH
short version ? You will have your next package in the mail this weekend (yea ok, a tiny bit early but Ive been holding on to it patiently!!)

GREAT job on your new seed stitched project - love the color!!

Have a great day!!

4/27/2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love your shell so much I'm going to make one for my mom for her birthday (the end of May) and I think I'm going to do the lime or maybe the orange. Where'd you find your yarn (are you using the Goa) and what's your opinion on the orange? Is it too fallish? I'm having a hard time finding it online, so I thought it might just be easier to call somewhere and get what I need.

4/28/2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I really like your shell. I never wear sleeveless, but I think I might have to go for it this summer. Since we have no AC up here, less is better!

5/01/2005 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home