My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: What I've learned in law school...

Saturday, April 30

What I've learned in law school...

As I sit here trying to force myself to study, it strikes me that I don't remember a single thing that I've learned this semester. In fact, I don't remember much law from the previous three years of law school either. Ack! The last three years has been a waste of time! I can't remember anything that I've learned. This can't be good.

Wait... it's slowly coming back to me... I have learned a few things:
1. The J-Lo rule for exam taking: Always include a big BUT in your exam answer! (get it... J-Lo... big butt... hah!) This was my first year property professor's way of getting us to analyze both sides of every issue. Hilarious, especially coming from an openly gay man who loved to sing us show tunes to teach case law. (the best law professor I've had so far, by a long shot!)

2. When you stay in a hotel room, the first thing you should do is grab a tissue in each hand and remove the bedspread from the bed, carefully, without touching it, and place it in the most remote corner of the room. A practical tidbit of advice from my evidence professor, who prosecutes sex crimes for the DA's office. He told stories about what is really on those bedspreads and how infrequently they get washed (never). Scary. 'Nuf said.

3. Never lie to the Feds. If you do, they will put you in prison. A good lesson from my corporations professor, who entertained the class with an entire class period of analysis on the Martha Stewart case.

That's it! All I've learned in the last three years... or at least the most important things. Wow - I really do need to start studying!

Oh, and knitting content... I took an AWESOME knitting class this morning (heh - there is NOTHING quite like knitting-related procrastination!), sponsored by the local guild and taught by Lorna of Lorna's Laces fame. Lorna is so creative and shared some really great ideas with the class. I learned some neat things, and made some cute items that are to be gifted, so no pictures for now. Also took a study break this afternoon and went to Babetta's Yarn grand opening sale and got some Frog Tree fingering weight alpaca to make the paisley shawl from the IK spring 05 issue. Ahhh... more procrastination! Now, back to my community property outline... yuck.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Community property? No wonder you were procrastinating - is there any subject worse than that? Don't worry. You don't have to learn anything in lawschool, that's what the bar review course is for! Sounds like the class was fabulous. Good luck with that outline.

5/02/2005 8:31 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I couldn't take the journaling class due to other committments. Bummer! Please post your project pictures.

I'd heard about the bedspread stuff before...ugh...hard to believe they never get washed.

It never seemed like I was absorbing anything while studying but it's amazing how much you remember when you are taking an exam or writing a paper. Good luck!

5/02/2005 12:00 PM  
Anonymous justanothersecretpal said...

Glad you had a good time in your class - I've heard Lorna is amazing!

I had heard the bedspread thing before - ew! You'd think they would be mandated to keep that stuff clean, health laws and stuff?

Sorry to hear your package didnt arrve before you left, but just think of all the fun you will have when you get home and can open it =)

Safe travel, hurry home!!

5/04/2005 7:11 AM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

ps - screwed up the login with my blogger account (somehow clicked OTHER instead of blogger, dont ask! the above comment was from me, your semi-ditzy secret pal LOL

5/04/2005 7:14 AM  
Anonymous LoriO said...

Hi Cindi! I came to your blog through another site that had a list of Sacramento area bloggers. I just read through your archives and was surprised to find out there was a new yarn store in town! Thanks for the link! Oh, and I love the green color of the Andean Silk. Did you ever knit the sweater?

5/04/2005 3:25 PM  
Blogger The Frog said...

From one law school student knitter to another: I don't know where I'd be with out my knitting come exams! I knit everyday, especially during dead week, the week before finals. It helps me relax - which helps keep me rational - which helps with the whole life and test taking thing. Knitting saves me. It's like that old cliche, "You should meditate every day for an hour, unless you are very busy, then you should meditate for two hours." Knitting helps me unwind. And you can over study. More is not always better. I'm sure you've learned more than you know. I know law school has definately corrupted my brain. And that tip about the bedspread - practical advice. Hang in there Chica, and good luck on your exam tomorrow! You've come so far. Congradulations!

5/11/2005 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Hi ... just stumbled across your blog via Frog Pond Knits ... so excited more shops are opening in Sac.

Who was your Evidence Prof at the DA's office? I just celebrated my 15 year anniversay working there and I'm curious. I have friends who work in the SACA/ASAP unit. Basically, I'm being nosey. :)

7/22/2005 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home