My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Misery

Sunday, May 8

Misery

What can I say... I haven't touched my knitting since last Tuesday. I *so* want to knit, but if I even touch it, I won't put it down for hours, and I just can't do that right now. I haven't even had a chance to take a picture of the progress on my lace shawl, which was coming right along up until I started seriously hitting the books last week. On Thursday night I will post a picture of it, along with a neat trick I figured out for fixing missed yarn-overs when knitting simple lace patterns (no ripping required!).

I decided not to start on the front of the seed stitch shell until after finals are over. I needed a break from the endless seed stitch. I really would like to learn to knit continental so that knit/purl transitions aren't as tedious. Seed stitch and ribbing take forever for me to knit.

My weekend was not much fun. I had a final on Saturday morning (yes, that's right, Saturday morning), then took a short break on Saturday afternoon to go to the gym and do some shopping, then it was back to the books for the rest of the weekend. Ugh. One exam down, three to go. I'll be a happy girl on the 17th, when I'm done with exams! Then I get a whole week and a half off from school before summer classes start. The fun never ends!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, poor Cyndi. In the midst of finals hell. I understand and wish you could just knit all the time rather than studying stupid topics for stupid tests. I'm glad you took a break on Saturday. You can't work all the time or you'll drive yourself crazy. I'll be thinking about you.

5/09/2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I commend you for your dedication. Hang in there! Remember to reward yourself in between studying - a 30 minute break here and there to knit won't kill you. Hope you have a good week.

5/09/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

You're doing so well, and think of how nice it will feel to knit and know you are done, and have a break before next session.

I agree about continental - ribbing and seed take FOREVER! I keep trying, it just feels SO awkward to me - i will keep practicing though, eventually my brain and hands HAVE to cooperate, right? LOL

Hang in there, relax and before you know it you will be home! And your next box should be there (if it isnt already!)so you will hopefully have something you'll enjoy!

5/09/2005 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home