My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: My short break - too short!

Tuesday, May 31

My short break - too short!

Wow - the week and a half I've had off between spring semester and summer semester went by really quickly! Unfortunately I don't have much knitting progress to show for it. I've been plugging away at the lace shawl, and am now on repeat 12 of 13 before knitting the border. The repeats are going really slowly now that I'm up to over 400 stitches per round. No pictures until it is done, because it looks like a giant pink jellyfish blob right now!

The three day weekend was fairly uneventful. I did some random chores & errands, did some knitting, and took a few naps. Ah, naps! I'd function so much better if I could take a 30 minute nap every day!

On Sunday night my left index finger had a brief run in with the kitchen shears. Ouch! The very tip of my finger got cut pretty badly (not badly enough that I had to go to the ER, thankfully!), and I'll probably have to keep it bandaged for a week or two. I tried knitting with my finger bandaged, and was able to do it, but very slowly. I didn't realize that I pretty much rely on my left index finger to help slide the stitches to the tip of my left needle. I can use my middle finger to do the same thing, but my hand cramps up pretty quickly that way. So, not a lot of knitting will get done for a while. Bummer too, since now most of my evenings are free and I will have all weekend to knit this weekend as DH will be out of town on business. I'm not giving up yet though - maybe I will figure out some way to make it work. Typing is not much fun now either!

Today was my first day back at school. I'm taking two classes this summer, a patent prosecution class on Tuesday night and an international IP treaties/copyright class on Wednesday night. The patent prosecution class should be really easy, since that's what I do every day at work. Maybe I'll even pick up some practical practice tips - wouldn't that be nice! I'm not so sure about the international copyright class... that's definitely something I know nothing about, but might be interesting anyway. I have 20 more pages to read tonight, so I should probably get to it!

3 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Glad to hear that you had a chance to rest this weekend. Sorry about your finger -- that sounded painful! I hope it heals soon. Take care1

5/31/2005 10:10 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Bummer that you cut yourself just when you were going to get a large chunk of knitting time. Work on your middle finger, it'll get into the swing of things quickly. I can't wait to see pictures of your shawl - it sounds pretty (no, really, it does). I hope yours summer classes turn out worthwhile.

6/01/2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Hey there Cyndi, sorry to hear about your finger. I can relate, something similar happened to me just before Christmas. I think you'll find that the rest of your fingers can compensate when it comes to knitting, it'll just take a little practice.

Where are you taking your classes? SC?

Hope to see you (and the cami!) at the guild on Thursday.

6/01/2005 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home