My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Q&A time...

Wednesday, May 25

Q&A time...

Stephanie left me some great interview questions... here are my answers:

1. What do you most like about law school? What do you like least?

Surprisingly, I've never really thought about this before. For me, law school is a means to an end - I have to get through it in order to have the job that I want (patent attorney) at the company where I work. There aren't a whole lot of things I like about law school itself. Sometimes the classes are interesting, but I think the thing I like most is the other part-time students. We've all become fairly close over the last three years, and I've made some wonderful friends in school. What do I like least? Where to start… I don't like that it turns me (usually a perfectly logical, rational person) into an emotional raving lunatic twice a year during finals. I don't like that school is so far from home (135 miles, a 2-4 hour drive depending on traffic) and that I am away from my husband, dogs, and home 4-5 days every week. I don't like that 95% of what I've learned in law school will never be used again after I take the bar exam. I could probably go on for a while, but will restrain myself and end there. Even though there are a lot of things I dislike about law school, I'm very excited about the career I will have after I'm done with school and am happy with my decision to go to law school.

2. How did you meet your husband (I'm a sucker for stories like this)?

We were introduced through a mutual friend when we both lived in the Denver area (I was in my last year of undergrad, and he was working full time). We e-mailed and talked on the phone for a week or two before we met in person for our first date. I was in the midst of a busy semester at school at the time, and wasn't all that interested in dating anyone. Luckily for me, he was persistent (very!) in his pursuit, and after my crazy semester was over we were practically inseperable. We got engaged in December 1998 (just over a year after we met), and were married in June 2000.

3. What type of knitting project do you most enjoy?

I especially like projects that teach me something new or projects that challenge me. (socks, felting, lace…)

4. If you could give a new knitter one piece of advise, what would it be?

Don't be a slave to "beginner" patterns - try projects that will teach you new skills even if it looks like something you think you can't do. When I started knitting, I was extremely concerned with a pattern's rating, and was scared to attempt anything but the simplest beginner-rated patterns. I can't count the number of garter stitch scarves that I made. I really didn't start to enjoy knitting until I attempted some more complicated patterns. Once you know the basics (knit/purl/cast on/bind off), you can really knit anything with the help of a good reference book and the internet.

5. What is your all-time favorite project and why?

My felted sheepless sheep tote- I loved this project for so many reasons. It was the first non-scarf project that I completed, and I learned a lot while knitting it - picking up stitches, knitting in the round, yarn overs, dropping stitches (on purpose - scary!) and picking them up two at a time with a crochet hook, icord, and felting. I also loved the yarn - Cascade 220 is fabulous to knit with and felts beautifully with no fuzzies. Finally, I use the bag all the time. It usually carries my current WIP project around the house and on short trips (guild meetings, doctor's office, etc). I will be making another one eventually.

*******************************
Let me know if you'd like to be interviewed... Here are the interview rules:

1. Leave me a comment saying "interview me;"
2. I will respond by asking you 5 questions on my blog. They will be different questions than the ones above;
3. You will update your blog with the answers;
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else;
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them 5 questions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Very interesting. Thanks for doing it. I didn't know you used to live in Denver - I'm only about 2 hours north of there (Cheyenne/Laramie).

5/25/2005 1:25 PM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

I'd ask you to interview me but think it might be best to save that till the big reveal (if I remember that many months from now LOL)

Hope you had a nice holiday weekend, and that you got in some relaxing time?

Just wanted to check in and say hi, I have been a tad neglectful the past week or so, work has been INSANE, but I have been thinking of you, and have a few ideas for a between the big sends mini send =) So much fun to tease LOL

Catch ya soon!

5/30/2005 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home