My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Secret Pal 5 Survey

Tuesday, May 31

Secret Pal 5 Survey

I've been having such a great time with the KR SP3 program that I thought I'd sign up for SP5 for a summertime secret pal. I haven't been assigned my pal yet, but since it's the end of the month, here's my survey...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I prefer natural fibers - wool, alpaca, cashmere, cotton, and blends of these fibers are wonderful. I also like soft yarns that feel nice when I knit them up. I wouldn't say that I'm a yarn snob though... I learned to knit with Lion Brand Homespun (back when I thought that Michael's qualified as a "yarn store"!), but it's definitely not at the top of my list anymore!

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Spin, no, but it sounds interesting. Crochet, just enough to get me by.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) No allergies, but I don't care for the smell of smoke.

4. How long have you been knitting? Just over a year.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, a general Amazon wishlist with some knitting items and a lot of miscellaneous stuff. I can e-mail it to my pal if she wants.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla, fresh, fruity scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yeah - chocolate, baby!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I've been known to sew, cross-stitch, and scrapbook in the past, but right now I'm focusing on knitting.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I mostly listen to top 40/rock (Maroon 5, Matchbox 20, John Mayer, etc), but also enjoy jazz (Dave Koz, Chris Botti, Miles Davis). MP3s are good - I can put them on my computer and iPod!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I like pretty much all colors. I've been on a pink kick lately, and a lot of my clothes are red. There are really no colors that I strongly dislike.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, no kids, two crazy miniature schnauzers.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) Finish law school in December and pass the bar exam next February. That's not exactly a life dream, but it is 100% my focus right now.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I haven't knit with that many yarns in the short time I've been knitting. So far, my favorites are Manos & Cascade 220. There are a ton of yarns that I've been dying to try... Rowan yarns, and Debbie Bliss yarns especially. Oh, and can't forget Koigu - I'm dying to try Koigu! So far I seem to like anything soft. I'm really not picky!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm not a big fan of most novelty yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? My IK Paisley lace shawl!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? So far I like most everything that I've tried... felted bags, socks, lace. I think I need more experience before I decide on a favorite!

17. What are you knitting right now? A lace shawl, a baby blanket, and a seed stitch shell.

18. What do you think about ponchos? Not a fan. It's just not my style - I think I would look ridiculous wearing one!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular for almost everything, DPNs for socks.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo dpns for socks, Addi Turbos for most everything else. I'd like to try some rosewood needles sometime too.

21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes, if having knit 1 pair (and enjoying it) makes me a sock knitter!

22. How did you learn to knit? My mother-in-law showed me the basics, and the rest I've picked up from reading books.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? About a month and a half... my VK seed stitch shell.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? No favorite animated characters. My favorite animals are my dogs - they totally crack me up!

25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect? No, unless you count my growing collection of law school casebooks. Oh, and yarn. :)

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? VK, considering an IK subscription.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? None that I can think of... but I'm always looking for a good novel. Finding the time to read it is another story!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shhhh.... said...

Your NEW SP gets your Amazon wish list, and your current SP doesn't? HRUMPH! ;-)

Would you shoot me the link to the wishlist when you get a chance please? (Always good to have new things to send your way!!)

6/02/2005 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home