My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: The end, and a beginning

Monday, June 27

The end, and a beginning

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and compliments about the shawl! If I can do it, anyone can! Here's one last shawl picture, of me modeling the shawl after blocking. Blocking definitely made a difference. What looked like a pink, fuzzy blob with a bunch of twisty nubs around the edge turned into a beautiful shawl after blocking. Even the picots look nice!



So, what's next for me? Well, I could finish the seed stitch shell. Or, work on the baby blanket that I started for my friend who is due in three weeks. Or, I could start a new project. Yep, a new project! Sorry SSS. Sorry blankie. You'll have to wait.

I decided to start Tivoli for a few reasons. First, and most importantly, it is 99% stockinette stitch, with a few increases and decreases to keep me from getting completely bored. I've said before that I'm not a huge fan of miles and miles of stockinette, but working on the shawl gave me a new appreciation for the simple side of knitting. Second, Stephanie made one that looked really cute, and she made it sound like a really fun, quick project - just what I need right now. Third, I had some yarn that would work perfectly - the blue Katia Pisco that was originally destined for a 2nd SSS - no matter how well the first SSS turns out, there's no way I'm making another one... seed stitch, bleh. And finally, Kathy's patterns are fun to knit! (and I'm going to find buttons for my iPod cozy that I made from her pattern, and get it finished one of these days!)

So far, so good on Tivoli! I didn't spend a lot of time knitting this weekend, but managed to get just below the arm opening.


What's that I see? A mistake... ugh. I messed up on the cast on under the arm, and dropped a stitch. I thought I could pick it up without a problem, but I guess not. I'll have to rip out the last two rows and give the cast on another shot.


Any fellow Tivoli knitters have tips on how to keep the neckline from rolling? Will it be better after blocking?

2 Comments:

Blogger Shhhh.... said...

Looks LOVELY Cyndi - blocking is our friend =)

I don't blame you for starting Tivoli, looks like a nice knit! And that blue is really pretty!

Have a great day, and keep an eye out for your next box - I know, it's a tad early but I had to go to the PO anyway, so I figured what's a few days early ;-)

6/28/2005 6:42 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Blocking will make it all better. I'm glad you started Tivoli - it's super fun, and the top part takes the longest. You'll cruise through now. Can't wait to see more. What size did you go with?

6/28/2005 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home