My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: The Mystery Stitch

Tuesday, June 14

The Mystery Stitch

The mystery is solved!

I e-mailed the woman who made the yarn, who just happens to be the woman who knit the scarves (Maria, of Fiber Elements). She e-mailed me back right away with all of the information I need to make the scarf! How nice is that?!? (Thanks, Maria!) It turns out the main stitch is a simple P2tog/YO stitch (there's a little more to it than that, but I don't want to give out her pattern without permission). I would never have guessed that just from looking at the scarf.

It just so happens that Maria's studio is in Fairfield, CA (also known as the city of the perpetual traffic jam - seriously, they need to get a sign made that says "Welcome to Fairfield, Prepare to Stop"). I drive right by her studio every time I drive to/from school. She also offers knitting classes in various Bay Area cities occassionally. I'm going to have to try to make it to one sometime. And the next time I'm stuck in traffic before I get to the 680/80 ramp in Fairfield, I'm going to exit from the freeway and take a detour by her studio!

I decided to wind the recycled silk into balls last night (I couldn't resist - new yarn, must touch!). It is so pretty. I even got a pleasant surprise when I removed the paper label... on the reverse side of the label, it said that the label is free of trees, acid, and chlorine, and made from 100% Kenaf, an annual, rapidly growing plant. How cool is that? I'm not a huge environmentalist, but I think every little bit helps and prefer to be environmentally friendly if possible. I didn't even know Kenaf existed before last night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow, it's refreshing to know that there are nice people in the world. I can't wait to see your scarf.

6/15/2005 7:56 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

How nice she gave you the information. Some people really know the meaning of customer service.

6/15/2005 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home