My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Wishful thinking!

Sunday, June 5

Wishful thinking!

Just so you know, knitting goes *really* slowly when the rounds are 500+ stitches each! On Friday, I thought "oh, there's only about 40 rows left on the shawl... it will go quickly." Well, I underestimated big time. Now that I'm on the border, which is impossible to memorize, it is going even more slowly! I'll be lucky if I finish it within the next two weeks.

I made it up to Filati yesterday after my trip to the mall. Unfortunately they were a little low on Koigu, with only a few colorways remaining. I did manage to find one that I liked a lot... this fun turquoise & lime mix.






Here's a picture of the yarn basking in the sun, along with a close-up shot that was taken indoors.

Now I just have to find the perfect sock pattern for Koigu. Any thoughts?










5 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Gorgeous wool. Sock pattern - something chunky like the pattern on an aron sweater?

6/05/2005 1:58 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Pretty koigu - the color makes me smile just looking at it. I'm a boring sock girl - just your basic toe-up for me, but someday I'll branch out - promise.

6/06/2005 9:04 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

The colors are so pretty. I think you'd need a fairly simple pattern that wouldn't compete with the colors. How about a 1x1 rib or a slip stitch? The Knit Socks! book has both. (someone from the class said Michael's has the book, so you could use the 40% coupon). Also, the Simple Socks pattern from The Purl Stitch uses Koigu.

6/06/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

I love the colors of the Koigu!! =) Very cheery!!
For the Broadripple socks, I used Cascade Fixation. I liked it -- I thought it was easy to work with.
Will you be at SnB this Thursday? I'm going to try to be there!

6/06/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

ooo ooo who helped you? I know that they are getting a ton of Koigu in a few months.....

I haven't done any socks but the basic ones, but I am going to try something new on the next pair.

6/07/2005 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home