My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: And the winner of the idiot contest is...

Tuesday, July 5

And the winner of the idiot contest is...

Me! Yep, I'm an idiot. Why, you ask? Well, I got up at 4:45am this morning to go to work. When I drove into the parking lot at the office, I noticed that there were only a handful of cars there. I thought that was a little odd, considering there are usually dozens cars in the lot and it's almost impossible to find a parking space most days. So, I looked at my trusty badge calendar attachment, and noticed that today, Tuesday, July 5th is a COMPANY HOLIDAY! Yes, that's right, a holiday! I got up at 4:45 to drive two and a half hours to work on a day that I didn't even have to work. Since I had plenty to do (and then some), I spent the day at work anyway, and ended up getting quite a lot done. I'm pretty bummed about it though - with a little advance knowledge and some planning, I could have stayed home today and spent some quality time with yarn and my dogs and my husband. Grrr. Guess I should look at the calendar more often!

Over the weekend, I managed to get through about half of the Tivoli decreases.



I'm modifying the decrease/increase portion of the pattern slightly, to compensate for my row gauge being slightly larger than the pattern calls for, and also to make the waist slightly smaller. I'm using the 36" pattern, which is written for a 33" waist, but I'm shooting for a 30-31" waist so it fits me better, and so I don't end up looking preggers.

In case you're wondering, the dark blue yarn on the lower left of the shirt is my version of a row counter. I wind a spare piece of contrasting yarn around a stitch on every decrease row so I can easily count the number of rows between decrease rows (3) and how many decreases I have total (3 so far).

8 Comments:

Anonymous grumperina said...

Ouch! I'm sorry you didn't notice it was a holiday! And what kind of bum co-workers do you have? I think at most jobs this would be THE topic of conversation on Friday!

The Tivoli is looking great! I look forward to more progress pics and FO pics :).

7/05/2005 8:31 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Oooooh...that really bites. I'm so sorry. =( I really like the Tivoli, though! You made a lot of progress since Thursday! Thanks for your email, and I hope to see you Thursday. Take care!

7/06/2005 7:16 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, that sucks. And you're the best employee in the world because you worked any way! Tivoli is looking great and I can't wait to see it. You'll be done in no time.

7/06/2005 7:56 AM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

Now THAT's dedication! Someone should be sure your boss knows you worked the day anyway ;-)

Tivoli is looking really nice! Can;t ait to see it all finished up!

7/06/2005 8:15 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Oh that's just so sad. But hey at least it could have been worse, how, I'm not sure, but I'm sure it could be.

Tivoli is looking great.

7/06/2005 1:29 PM  
Blogger Carolyn B. said...

Uncloaking from lurkdom to say: My sympathies on missing a holiday! Sounds like my kind of oversight.

Your Tivoli does look great. I have been mightily tempted by how pretty this pattern has turned out on so many knitters' blogs (this seems to be the summer of Tivoli, especially in yummy shades of blue), but I don't think the bare sleeves would flatter my big-ol-gal arms. It's definitely a pattern I'll try if my current WeightWatchers' diet works out like I hope! In the meantime, I'm enjoying your stitchery.

Good luck - Carolyn B.

7/06/2005 7:56 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

like everyone said, Tivoli looks great! as for driving down to work on tues - my condolences! it makes for a funny story though ;)

7/08/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger dorioo said...

That does suck. Do you mention how much work you got done so that you can justify the mistake?

Or were you genuinely ok with working on that day?

Nice knitting btw.

pEace.

7/08/2005 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home