My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Big boring baby blanket

Wednesday, July 13

Big boring baby blanket

That's what I've been working on this week... that is, when I get a few minutes in the evening to sit down and knit a few rows. I really need to get the blanket done soon, because knitting a baby blanket is not terribly interesting. And, this is the 2nd light blue project in a row for me - too much blue! I'm dying to start in on the green laceweight yarn that I bought to start the lace leaf shawl so I can try out my new Bryspuns. Not until I finish this blanket though!

I made up my own pattern for the blanket, based on a stitch pattern from the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns. It is looking pretty good so far - it is a simple block pattern of alternating stockinette, reverse stockinette, and seed stitch blocks with a garter stitch border. I'll post pictures when I have more time, and plan to make the pattern available here as soon as I finish knitting it.

Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh, it sounds lovely. I can't wait for you to post pictures and be done so you can start your shawl too - green will be perfect for that pattern.

7/14/2005 8:07 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I have to start a baby blanket too. I am thinking of a pinwheel one, I don't want anything too borking and that one is all stockenette....not sure if I want to do that!

7/14/2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

And you owe us Tivoli pics too ;-)

I'm sure it will be gorgeous when it's done!

7/14/2005 10:59 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

What is it about baby blankets that are boring? I agree. A friend is due in late August and I have to get started...but the motivation just isn't there.

7/14/2005 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home