My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Completed Tivoli

Sunday, July 17

Completed Tivoli

Here it is!




About:
Pattern: Tivoli by Grumperina, 36" size
Yarn: Katia Pisco
Needles: Clover Bamboo circular, size 5

Highlights
:
- Superfast knitting! It took me just over a week from start to finish.
- Neat, well-written top down pattern
- Able to use yarn from my stash

Lowlights
:
- Not sure I chose the best yarn for the project. I have a love/hate relationship with the Katia Pisco... it knits up into a nice fabric, but on size 5 needles the fabric is fairly bulky and firm. I think I would be happier with a fabric that had more drape.
- Slight rolling at the hem, even after blocking. I don't mind it - it just gives the top a more casual look.

Tips/Tricks:
This is a really versatile pattern. I adjusted the decreases/increases (more of them, more frequently to make the fit better. I'm happy with the way the sizing turned out.

What I would do differently next time: Use a different yarn.

3 Comments:

Anonymous grumperina said...

LOVE it! Looks great! Do you mind a photo of it and a link to your blog entry in the gallery?

By the way, the standardized pattern has more increases and decreases... (bust 36, waist 30, hip 35) probably more along the lines of what you did :).

7/17/2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

It turned out AWESOME and looks so pretty on you! The color is a perfect compliment to your hair and coloring =)

7/17/2005 1:16 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It looks great and I really like the color. I'm glad you had success with the pattern.

7/18/2005 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home