My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Tivoli done, but no pictures

Monday, July 11

Tivoli done, but no pictures

I finished and blocked Tivoli yesterday, but no pictures today... I got up too darn early this morning, and completely forgot to check and see if it was dry before I left for work. I'll have to post pictures and my project summary for Tivoli when I go home later this week. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Even though I am dying to start a new project, I'm going to finish the baby blanket that I started a while ago. The friend I was knitting it for had her baby yesterday, so I'm a bit behind schedule on the gift. Better get busy on that!

My commute this morning was hellish (nothing new there), and I have to rant briefly (or not so briefly) about crazy bad drivers. What is up with people who insist on multitasking while driving? This morning I spent nearly 30 minutes in heavy traffic (10-55 MPH, bumper to bumper in 5 lanes) behind a woman who was applying her makeup (all of it - foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow/liner, eyelash curling (!!!), mascara, etc) and fixing her hair, while looking into a rearview mirror that was adjusted so that she could see herself (nevermind about needing to see traffic around you!). It wasn't like we were just sitting on the road stopped either - traffic was moving, albeit slowly at times. I don't get it. Clearly this woman has never taken a physics class, or she would realize that her makeup tool of choice would end up in her eyeball or another equally undesirable place if she were to, say, rear-end someone!

OK, end of rant. Whew. Just had to get that off my chest. Tell me - what is the craziest thing you've seen someone doing while driving? I once saw a man driving down the expressway while eating from a chinese takout box with chopsticks!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm sorry your commute sucked, but it's great Tivoli is done! We don't have a lot of traffic around here, but I think mascara is the craziest thing I've seen (in Dallas). I can barely put it on standing in front of my bathroom mirror and I simply cannot imagine doing it while driving in traffic - hello, you're gonna poke your eye out!

7/12/2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Ooooh, I can't wait to see Tivoli! I'm sure that it is wonderful. I was thinking of knitting one for my sister -- it sounds like a great pattern.
Good luck with the baby blanket!
Wow, the woman was doing ALL of her make-up while driving, huh? That's pretty bad. Probably the worst thing I've seen is a big rig driver reading the paper while driving. Yes, traffic was moving (and not all that slowly, either).

7/12/2005 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Oh people driving, now that's an interesting subject. My husband swears driver's ed classes just hand out licenses now and don't really teach anyone anything. My favorite though recently was while going down the interstate ther ewas a guy in a pick-up truck watching tv while driving.

7/12/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger Carolyn B. said...

Congrats on Tivoli -- I'm sure it's marvelous. All the ones I've seen seem to fit like a dream.

Hmm -- worst drivers? I've seem 'em painting their fingernails (really), reading the newspaper (of all things -- having to fold and re-fold), and writing notes ... although not all in the same car. ;o)

I have to confess; in high school, there were several days when I was dashing out the door and running late, so I finger-dried my hair via the heater blowing through the a/c vents. What a ninny. (I've reformed, I swear. Barely even a cell phone call behind the wheel nowadays!)

Best - Carolyn B.

7/12/2005 5:14 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/13/2005 12:43 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

back when i was living in fremont and commuting to santa clara, i was on montague expressway when i saw a guy BRUSHING HIS TEETH. we were backed up and traffic was at a standstill at the time... and because i was so shocked (and grossed out), i ended up openly staring at him. i'm pretty sure he saw me with a horrified look, so he quickly stopped what he was doing. i sure hope all of my co-workers brushed/washed up properly before coming into the office.

7/13/2005 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home