My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Yarn store heaven!

Saturday, July 9

Yarn store heaven!

While running errands today I stopped by Violet's new store, Frog Pond Knits, which opened yesterday. Look what I happened across... Bryspun circular needles!

Woohoo! Just last weekend I called every knitting store in the Sacramento area to try to find these, with no luck. I bought the 29" length in sizes 5-9, which I figured are probably the most common sizes for lace knitting. I also bought the Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl pattern and some laceweight yarn to knit it. Not sure when I'll get started on that, but knowing myself and my lack of restraint when it comes to yarn and new projects, it will probably be soon!

I'm nearing completion of Tivoli... only about 5 rounds left to knit. I'll finish and block it tonight and try to post some pictures tomorrow. What a fast, fun project!

I took some pictures of various flowers and bees in my garden yesterday and put them up on Flikr. Click the picture for a slideshow.

5 Comments:

Anonymous grumperina said...

You'll love those Bryspuns! The are very nice for lace knitting - not too grabby, not too slick. The only minus is that there's a slight bump between the cord and the needle, but not a gap that would catch yarn and ruin it permanently :).

I look forward to the Tivoli pics! How did you find the size of the armhole, and what size did you knit?

7/09/2005 6:16 PM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

SCORE on those needles! and the garden pictures are really pretty!

7/09/2005 7:03 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

OOO I really want that pattern too. YOu know Filait's carries the Bryspun circ needles too....

Can't wait to see you start the shawl.

7/11/2005 8:07 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh needles! Mine should be here today (I hope!). I can't wait to get started on my shawl - I have that pattern too - let me know what you think of it.

7/11/2005 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Nice flower/bee picture. Can't wait to hear more about how you like knitting with the Bryspuns.

7/11/2005 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home