My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Fall sweaters

Wednesday, August 17

Fall sweaters

It seems to be the time of year when everyone is finishing up their summer knitting (socks, lace) and picking out fall projects. I'm no exception. My fall knitting list is very short - there are only two must knit projects, both for me... Frieda from Debbie Bliss's Alpaca Silk book, and the Rebecca Embroidered Yoke sweater, which is a FREE (!!!) pattern from the latest issue of Rebecca. [BIG thanks to Stephanie for finding the pattern!]

Both of these sweaters have been on my mind since March, but I wanted to wait until fall to knit them. Now that it is time to start, I have both patterns, but no yarn... and it appears I will not have yarn anytime soon. I've ordered the yarn for Frieda, but apparently there is a shortage of pink Alpaca Silk, and I'm not sure when I'll get it. And I can't find the yarn for the Rebecca sweater anywhere... the pattern calls for GGH Davos, which I want to use. But apparently there are no yarn stores in CA that carry Davos. And I've only found it online in one place. Has anyone used Davos before? Where do you buy it? Should I try to find a substitute?

Thanks everyone for your encouragement on my running program! I went for my second run (well, jog/walk!) tonight, and it was great. Tonight on my run I was thinking about those of you who've expressed an interest in starting your own running program... what would you think about starting a knitting runner's group blog - sort of like a knit along? Blogger makes it really easy to post to a group blog, and it would be a great way for all of us to track our progress and encourage each other. We could call it "Fit to Knit" or something equally cheesy. :) Let me know what you think.

Finally, to Angela who left me a comment - I can't e-mail you because Blogger doesn't let me respond to comments by e-mail. (grrr!) Are you the Angela I met at SnB at the Naked Lounge in July (when I was knitting Tivoli)? Just checking!

Off to read my assignments for class tomorrow... bleh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

A love "Fit to Knit" it's so cheesy it's perfect! Sign me up for it. Sorry about the pink alpaca silk (but I've seen it online - just saying). I'm anxious to here what people say about Davos.

8/18/2005 7:20 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Sign me up! I've been running for a little while now and would welcome some new encouragement.

Looks like The Knitting Garden can get the GGH Davos for you - they offer to order any GGH yarns for the Rebecca patterns. Good luck with finding it!

Hey, I'm in SC today and going back to FM on the shuttle this afternoon. Are you returning also?

8/18/2005 7:57 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

a knitting/running thing would be great! i just started back up (boy am i rusty or what) too.

8/18/2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Yes, it's me. I met you at SnB and saw your beautiful Paisley Shawl. I am knitting it right now in fact! I am on the 12th repeat and am anxious for it to be done. :-)

I would love to participate in a running blog!

Seems like everyone's thoughts are turning to sweaters! Today's cooler weather got me thinking, too....

8/18/2005 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home