My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: A new project

Monday, August 15

A new project

Today I started a new project of sorts. I began a running program.

I've never been terribly athletic, but I decided to try running about two years ago. After a few months of running consistently, I worked my way up to a 5k. I was thrilled that I could actually run that far, and was in fairly good shape because of it. Then life got in the way, and I stopped running and working out in general. I've been feeling a little down about myself lately (how do my clothes continue to shrink while just hanging in the closet?), so I decided that the best solution would be to start running again. So, today was the day. After work I went to my favorite park trail and started my training. And it felt really good! There's something about running outside that really clears my head.

This isn't going to turn into a running blog by any means, but I do plan to post updates here occassionally, mostly just to keep myself honest and accountable.

Nothing new on the knitting front - just a few more rows of the sock. And guess what? ...it looks the same as the first sock!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Good for you. I have let my goal of running fall by the way side. I'm so terrible about being accountable to myself. I so wish I was more motivated because I really know I need to do some cardio (karate doesn't really count in that category - most days) and running by itself isn't so bad, but I just think of one excuse after the other and get out of the habit. Maybe we could try being long distance support for each other??

8/16/2005 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

That's great, I'm glad you are finding something for you. I need to do something myself, I'm just having a hard time getting myself to that point. Although last night I had an absolutely horrible dream about myself, so I think I need to find a way to get myself there.

Now you'll just need to knit yourself some running socks.

8/16/2005 9:07 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Way to go, Cyndi!!! That's great!!

8/16/2005 12:47 PM  
Anonymous LoriO said...

I printed that same running program article out a few months ago, thinking someday I would actually try it. I've always wanted to run. Congrats for actually doing it!

8/17/2005 10:46 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Congrats, Cyndi! I love the cool running site for its accessibility to all runners, not just the *elite*. Their personal running log is great. You have inspired me to begin running again. Between school and the rest of my life, I've fallen behind on my fitness goals. Thanks for the inspiration!

8/17/2005 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home