My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Not much knitting

Monday, August 22

Not much knitting

Now that I'm back in school (have I mentioned yet that it is my last semester?!!!), I'm once again struggling to find time to knit. I'm still chugging away on stripey sock #2, with no exciting progress to report... imagine sock #1, knit up to the heel flap (sorry, that will have to do... no camera this week).

Saturday, I woke up, did my 3 mile jog/walk, and spent what seemed like forever reading my assignments for next week. I really despise that all of my professors this semester call on people randomly. I feel like I need to memorize the most minute and insignificant details of each case that I read so I won't look like an idiot in class. After studying (and taking a nap), Todd and I decided to go to a movie. We ended up seeing The 40 Year Old Virgin after debating between that and March of the Penguins. I was very wary about going to see it, but it was surprisingly funny. There were definitely some parts of the movie that were a little over the top, but it ended up being better (and funnier) than I expected.

On Sunday, I ran in the morning again, and then we headed to Marin to visit family. I got in a couple of hours of knitting on the sock during the drive. While we were there, my sister-in-law's neighbor was having a purse party... you know, where they sell knock-offs of name brand purses. I managed to find two really cute purses there. I feel a little weird having bought a "fake" purse though. Supposedly there is nothing illegal about it (at least that's what the little placard on the table said), but it doesn't seem quite right. I'm not the type to spend $800+ on a purse, and I really don't care what logo is on it - I just thought that the purses were really cute, and decent quality for about the same price as a department store's off-brand leather purse. Oh well, at least I got two cute purses!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rebekah said...

I feel like I have knitted in weeks, it's only been a few days of any real knitting, but it sure seems longer. Hopefully my husband will deem this weekend a goo dweekend for yard work which means lots of indoor time for me which means knitting.

Happy last semester of school.

8/23/2005 9:00 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I haven't gotten much knitting done lately either, so you're not alone.

I've been invited to a purse party before but never went. What do your new purses look like?

8/23/2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

i've never been to a purse party either - although if i ever get wind of one near me, i'd totally go for it (as i am obsessed with bags, according to my husband). i'm also a sucker for a knock-off (all the trips to asia hehe), but only if they are well-put together. =)

8/23/2005 11:54 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Knitting? Are we knitters? Can't prove it by me. Not much knitting in my world eitehr. I'm glad your running is going well. In previous semesters did your professors not call on you randomly? Lucky girl. That's how all my classes were - takes reading to a whole different level.

8/25/2005 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home