My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: One sock down...

Wednesday, August 10

One sock down...

My first stripey sock is done! And it fits! But I have no pictures yet, so this is a pretty anticlimatic post. Sorry about that. I'll have to take some pictures when I'm home this weekend. This sock was my first attempt at Kitchner stitch, and as would be my luck I happened to be on the green/white variegated section of yarn at the toe. It's really hard to do kitchner with multi-colored yarn because it's hard to see where the yarn is going. The toe turned out OK (I think!), but I'm not sure that I did the toe grafting quite right. It might be right, but it's hard to tell with the color variations. Maybe the next sock will be better. I should probably try kitchner on a swatch with larger gauge, using solid color yarn so I can see what I'm doing and actually understand how it works.

I got the cutest e-card from my SP5 secret pal tonight - it had a picture of a miniature schnauzer on it, and he looked just like my dog, Newton! So cute! Thanks Secret Pal! Just for fun, here's a picture of my dogs from two years ago, when Mac was a puppy.



Speaking of secret pals, I need to put together my last SP5 package and get it sent off by the end of the month... hmmm... I don't have a plan for this package yet, but I have a few ideas. Time to go shopping!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

What cute puppies! You're gonna have to post a picture of your sock, and you know what - if the toe isn't exactly right, no one will know but you.

8/11/2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I'm sure you did the Kitchener just fine - show us on Saturday! I'd love to see how the stripey pattern turned out.

FYI. In case you haven't seen this yet, knittinghelp.com has a video on the kitchener.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php

8/12/2005 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home