My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Vacation Pictures

Sunday, August 7

Vacation Pictures

What I knit (almost!) on my vacation:



I was able to buy more of the Lorna's Laces and finished the Clapotis. It turned out really well. It's going to be my office wrap for when the AC is too cold! I haven't found the right dye lot of the Cascade 220 to finish Sophie yet. :(



Here's a close-up of the Clapotis. This yarn is the most wonderful yarn I've ever knit. If I could only knit one yarn forever, this would be it. It is so soft - like heaven on a skein!


Here's a picture of me with two of my sisters.


Here is me (pink dress) with all of my siblings - yes, there are 7 of us! It was really fun to see them all again.


The wedding - I can't believe my little brother got married!


My favorite thing about being home - no traffic! Except the farm machinery. :) This guy probably thought I was nuts taking his picture while driving down the road.


Sunset at the lake near Todd's parent's house.


Fields of corn.


One of the neatest things I saw on my vacation was this beautiful crocheted bedspread made by my mother-in-law's grandmother. It was probably made in the early 1900s sometime. It appears to be made up of hundreds of small crocheted hexagons sewn together to give the appearance of flowers. Does anyone have any idea where I could find a similar pattern? I'm not sure I'm up to undertaking a project like this right now, but I think it would be really neat to do someday.





3 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Great pictures! I really like your Clapotis and your Sophie Bag. I'm glad that you found another skein of the L & L. And the afghan is amazing. Good luck finding a similar pattern.

8/07/2005 11:26 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a great vacation. I've heard L&L is wonderful stuff - I'm glad you found another skein. Sophie is looking good.

8/08/2005 9:02 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Geez, that bedspread is amazing. I'll ask a crochet friend if she recognizes that pattern.

Looks like you had a wonderful time...the lake picture looks so relaxing. Thanks for posting the photos.

It was great to finally meet you on Saturday! After you showed me your Clapotis I immediately did a search for the LL yarn. FYI. Little Knits has it on sale (limited colors).

8/09/2005 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home