My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: A brief history of me

Wednesday, September 21

A brief history of me

Tagged by Lynette:

TEN YEARS AGO: Sophomore year of college – took lots of fun classes like Statics, Calculus III, Physics II Electricity & Magnetism, Intro to Engineering, and Engineering Practices. Lived in the sorority house with a girl who was a good friend, but a bad roommate (and consequently, not so much of a good friend after a while). Worked two jobs: Subway sandwich artist and circulation desk assistant at the university library. Strangely, I don’t remember much of anything fun from 10 years ago – I was too busy either working or studying.

FIVE YEARS AGO: Newly married and a new homeowner. Worked as an applications engineer for the same company I'm with now, and traveled all over the world for work (Tawain, Japan, China, Israel). Started thinking that I didn’t want to be an engineer for the rest of my life. Had a cat (who I miss a lot), and really wanted to get a dog.

ONE YEAR AGO: Just coming off of my Kauai vacation high – the first “real” vacation that we’ve been on since we got married. [by “real vacation” I mean we actually got on an airplane together and flew somewhere other than to see family] Starting my third part-time year of law school and beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I was a super newbie knitter, and soon would discover the wonders of the LYS and non-acrylic yarn.

FIVE SNACKS:
Anything chocolate
Sour cream & onion potato chips
Kettle Corn style popcorn at the local movie theater
Chips & salsa
Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream

FIVE SONGS I KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO:
Not sure there are any. I love music, but am NOT a singer (in public or private), and therefore rarely commit the words from songs I like to memory. The only songs I can think of lyrics for are “Manic Monday” by The Bangles and “I Think We’re Alone Now” by Tiffany – and I haven’t heard these songs for 15+ years. Embarrassing.

FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH $100 MILLION:
Buy an acreage somewhere rural - in the mountains or near the ocean - and build a house.
Take a year long trip around the world
Invest
Start a business
Donate to charity

FIVE PLACES TO RUN AWAY TO:
Bali, Indonesia
Kauai, Hawaii
Aspen (or actually, anywhere in the Colorado Rockies)
Mendocino, California
Mt. Shasta/McCloud, California

FIVE THINGS I WOULD NEVER WEAR:
Midriff baring shirts
Leather pants
A poncho
Sweatpants in public (especially those hideous velour tracksuit-type outfits that are so popular now)
Blue eyeshadow/eyeliner

FIVE FAVORITE TV SHOWS:
24
Desperate Housewives
Survivor
Prison Break
Anything on HGTV

FIVE BIGGEST JOYS:
Todd
Newton & Mac
Achieving a goal that I’ve set for myself
Having time to myself to relax and do whatever I want – knit, read, nap, exercise, whatever.
Knowing that in three months I’ll be done with school and my crazy commuting life, and will actually get to live in and enjoy my house for the first time in three and a half years

FIVE FAVORITE TOYS:
my iPod(s)
my TSX (ok, it’s a car and not a toy – but it is so much fun to drive!)
the DVR (wish it was a Tivo though, but alas, Tivo can't record HD)
my long neglected sewing machine
my mountain bike (also much neglected)

I think I've seen this just about everywhere... Stephanie and Ruth, if you haven't done it yet, consider yourselves tagged! I'll also tag my SP5 pal, Susan, and the person to whom I was a pal, Gabrielle.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

OMG - you have a TSX? I'm so jealous. I'm really trying very hard to convince my husband that I NEED one! I'm so close - maybe in the next month. I haven't been tagged, so I'll put some stuff up on my post today. Interesting stuff about you. Thanks for sharing.

9/22/2005 7:24 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Isn't it amazing how different life is even from just a year ago? And ten years ago, oh boy, it's like you were a different person back then. BTW, I worked in a library too when I was in school. Thanks for taking the time to do this, it's fun to read.

9/22/2005 4:19 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

hi cyndi! i finished mine! i don't mind doing memes like these - it helps you get to know people better. =)

9/27/2005 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home