My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Quick update

Monday, September 19

Quick update

1. I remembered to bring my knitting to school/work with me this week - yay me! (that doesn't mean that I have time to knit, but somehow I'm comforted just having it here... you know, in case I get a free minute at some point)

2. I'm moving right along on Frieda - finished the back and worked the first cable repeat on the front over the weekend. I tried to cable without a cable needle, but it didn't work out very well with a 4 stitch wide cable (the cables are 12 stitches wide, with 4 stitches crossing over at a time). The stitches even seemed a little tight to knit off of the cable needle. The cables look good, but they feel awkward to knit. Any cable experts out there have cabling tips?

3. We finally picked a paint color for the dining room last weekend. I had a color custom mixed by Kelly Moore to get a flat finish in a color I picked out at Lowe's that was only available in satin finish. Next weekend: painting! (hopefully...)

4. I'm on call tomorrow in class. And I haven't read the assignment yet. And it is almost 9:30 pm. And I've been up since 4:45 AM. [yawn! I sure hope the cases are interesting!]

5. Fred (my iPod) has a new companion... Wilma - a Shuffle that I won from LexisNexis. Wilma was waiting for me when I got home from work last Friday. She will be great for taking on my runs when I have to do laps around the track and for when I go to the gym. I'm still lusting after a new nano, but how many iPods does a girl need?

That is all. Have a good week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow. You're cruising right along on Frieda. You're going to be done before I even start (that way you'll have already figured out any pattern quirks!). How about some pictures of it? I really want a Nano too, and I don't have an iPod at all (I know, sad). I've been considering using my birthday money on one. Have a good week.

9/20/2005 7:46 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Is Frieda ready to be photographed yet? You are a pretty fast knitter!

I am not a Apple person per se (although that might change because of the new processors) but the new Nano made me drool too. Plus you can store photos on it just like the other iPods. Ooooh.

9/21/2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Glad to hear that Freida is going well! Can't wait to see photos. I want a Nano too!

9/21/2005 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home