My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: House stuff

Sunday, October 2

House stuff

For the last couple of months, I've been spending a good portion of every weekend trying to pick out paint for the dining room and fabric for curtains and other upholstery. Here's what we've got so far -


The dining room is no longer all beige! After painting more sample colors on the wall than I can count, I finally found one that we both agreed on. Todd did most of the painting, and it turned out great. A tip to anyone who wants a red wall - use a coat or two tinted primer before painting... it really helps!

Here's the dining room from another angle - you can see a pile of fabric swatches on the table... at some point we're going to order an upholstered cushion, pillows, and curtains for the window bench seat. I also want to find a nice piece of art to hang on the wall behind the table.



And last, but not least, we ordered curtains and valences for the kitchen and family room. So far we've only gotten the valence for the kitchen. I love this fabric! The hardware for the family room should be arriving soon, along with the curtains (same fabric, different style), but there was a mistake on the curtain order, so we'll have to return them and wait a few more weeks for curtains with the right rings. A little frustrating, but I'm just happy to finally have curtains arriving soon!

Edited to add a link to a close-up picture of the fabric (it's hard to get a good picture of a backlit window!). Also, the paint is close to a darker/deeper shade of true red. It is a custom mixed version of "Heirloom Red" from Lowe's (we had Kelley Moore mix a flat version for us, because we didn't want the satin/semi-gloss version from Lowe's).

6 Comments:

Blogger Shhhh.... said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the red wall - it reminds my of my grandparents house when I was little - they had this HUGE living room with one deep red wall, it was always my favorite room! Cant see the print all that well on the curtain but what I can see looks great! Congrats on a job well done!

10/02/2005 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

Love the red! Is that a tomato/ cranberry red or a true red? I have lots of cranberry/tomato red in my house -- it really helps to liven up the beige and creams, doesn't it?

10/02/2005 4:47 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

WOW!!! The dining room looks *amazing*!!!! I love the red wall! Great job.

10/02/2005 10:05 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It looks wonderful. I'm so glad you're happy with how it's turning out. There's nothing quite as satisfying as a job well done. I like the valence and can't wait to see the curtains.

10/03/2005 7:45 AM  
Blogger jandofabrics said...

The rooms look great. Check out our fabrics as I think they will match the decor of your home. You can order samples if you want:

http://www.jandofabrics.com/newsletters/index.html

10/03/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Very dramatic! It looks wonderful. You're going to have fun selecting the fabric for the chairs. Your house looks so neat and clean!

10/03/2005 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home