My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Next!

Wednesday, October 19

Next!

Here's what's coming up next for me in the next few months of knitting:

1. Finish Snowflake
2. Finish the never-ending baby blanket (it would be finished in about 8 hours if I ever sat down and worked on it.) Baby blankets are just not exciting for me. Although, I am more than a little intrigued by this fascinating beauty of a blanket underway by Grumperina. I'm not ready to attempt this until I have endless hours of uninterrupted knitting time - this is clearly not something that should be undertaken when you can only manage to knit for a couple of hours a few days each week, which seems to be all the time I usually have. So, this is not going on my to-do list quite yet.

Those two projects ought to take me right up to Thanksgiving. And then, I think I am going to have to take a brief knitting (and blogging) hiatus. Maybe I'll only work on socks or something, because I don't think I can quit cold turkey. But I have to cut back significantly, because sometime in November, life is going to start kicking my butt for a few months. In December, I've got my last set of law school finals. I'm not super thrilled about the finals themselves, but there are not words to describe how happy I am to be done with law school. There are, however, words to describe how I feel about the next big exam that I have to take - the CA bar exam. Terrified. Completely freaked out. Worried Convinced that I will be one of the nearly 2/3 of exam takers who fail. So anyway, that's going to be fun. Everyone says to just follow the plan that the bar prep course lays out, and that's what I plan to do. Unfortunately, the prep courses don't allot for knitting time. Bummer. Just a heads up - you all may want to avoid me from mid-December until March, because I'm pretty sure that I'll be generally unpleasant and cranky.

Anyway, a lot of my projects will likely be on hold until I can start them in March... I'll be making the Sitcom Chic cardi for sure, and probably a few pairs of socks. I also want to try my hand at Fair Isle at some point next spring. I love the Dale Gerbera sweater - I'll definitely be making this one eventually.

There you have it - my upcoming projects, knitting and not. Sounds fun, eh?

Edited to add: It's a good thing I made this list and got to thinking about my future projects... turns out the Dale Sisik yarn for Gerbera is being discontinued! Bea Ellis has the yarn at 40% off. So, I ordered the yarn for the charcoal/pewter sweater, along with Book #126 for the pattern. Such a shame that this project will have to wait until next March. Sigh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

Your fall/winter schedule is full. While the break from knitting and blogging will be unfortunate, I know you'll be very busy with studying and don't need distractions. I admire your discipline...making and meeting commitments, focusing on output and setting challenging and competitive goals...sound familiar? :-)

10/19/2005 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

I'll miss your posts while your gone, but definitely can understand. And I'm sure you'll pass your bar, I have confidence in you, look what you did with Frieda. Okay I know it's not the same, but I bet when you put your mind to something you do amazingly well at it.

That's a great Dale sweater, one of my favorites too.

10/19/2005 9:35 AM  
Anonymous grumperina said...

The Curlicue does require some concentration, especially the middle "star" part... but I think you can do it! You definitely won't know until you try, so go for it!

10/19/2005 4:30 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

wow, busy lady you are! it's understandable if knitting and blogging get temporarily pushed aside. good luck with everything! ESPECIALLY the bar!!!! go cyndi go! =D

10/19/2005 10:17 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I can honestly say that I understand your fear. The bar exam sucks. No two ways about it. But, you absolutely cannot study all the time. You need to take a little bit of time every day to do things for yourself - running, knitting, a little of both - because if you don't you'll burn out before the exam. Honestly, taking an hour or two for yourself will make you a much more productive studier and things will sink in better. On to knitting plans - I love love love the Dale sweater. It is sooo cute.

10/20/2005 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home