My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: A sleeve and a collar

Thursday, October 13

A sleeve and a collar

Pictures of my first ever set in sleeve!


The sleeve fit into the body perfectly, and seaming it was - dare I say - fun! Here's a close-up of the seam. Believe it or not, this is my first ever seam... the other tops and felted bags I've knit have been in the round with no seaming.


And I finally finished the not-so-fun part of Frieda - the 9.5" ribbed collar. After trying it on, I think I could have gotten away with knitting it slightly shorter, but it's fine at this length. I used the knit two/purl two sewn bindoff from the Vogue book (I think this is the same as a tubular bindoff, but not sure). I started out doing the bindoff a little loosely, so the back doesn't look quite as neat as the front. I was trying to make sure that the collar would fit over my head! :)


Tonight - setting in the second sleeve and sewing the side seams, hopefully.

9 Comments:

Anonymous grumperina said...

Your seaming looks perfect! Good luck finishing up, you'll be wearing this in no time at all!

10/13/2005 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

Your sweater is stunning! Great job on the seaming. You are in the home stretch now!

10/13/2005 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Looks excellent, that's an amazing job for your first seaming! I'm really quite impressed, but then again, I royally suck at seaming.

10/13/2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Fabulous. Simply fabulous. I'm so impressec w/ your seaming.

10/13/2005 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Your seaming looks PERFECT! I can't wait to see a modeled shot! =)

10/13/2005 12:14 PM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

PERFECTION! I am so impressed with you 1st seaming job - now I know who to send my finishing work to ;-)

10/13/2005 12:37 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Oh wow, your seaming looks AWESOME!!! Grat job!

10/13/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Beautiful job on the seaming! Now you just need to go some place cold to where the sweater :-)

10/13/2005 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous. I can't believe that is your first seam! Mine still don't look that good. :-o
Can't wait to see it on you!

10/16/2005 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home