My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Fun, and not so fun

Thursday, January 5

Fun, and not so fun

Fun:

Claudia's Handpainted yarn in the Santa Fe colorway.


Claudia's is good stuff... very soft, and the way the colors stripe/pool is very agreeable to me. The darker blues and yellows sort of swirl and spiral around the lighter reddish/adobe colors. The photo doesn't really do it justice.


I've decided to stick with sock knitting until after the bar exam - they are quick, giving a sense of accomplishment (not getting any of that from studying... might as well get it from knitting), and it is easy to work just a few rows at a time during my study breaks.

Not so fun:

This is what I do in between my brief sock knitting breaks. Just so you know what you are looking at, there are about two dozen outlines, three (or four?) thousand multiple choice questions, and two hundred essay questions in these books that I have to read, memorize, practice, and study over the next six weeks or so. I should probably get to it!



A quick question - We are planning a trip to Vancouver after I take the bar. If anyone has been there and has hotel or activity recommendations, please let me know!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yummy sock yarn! Good idea on the socks until the bar exam. The books bring back such good memories (ok, just kidding).

1/05/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

cyndi! glad to hear you are back at the knitting - even though you have to take knitting breaks with those books =/
as for vancouver - definately explore victoria island!!!!! i have a Lonely Planet and Moon Handbooks on vancouver if you want to borrow it, just let me know!
anyways, see you next week! =)

1/05/2006 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Dani said...

I am SO glad I sent you sock yarn =) I know it seems like a lot and I'm sure it feels daunting, but look back for a sec - didn;t each step of the journy this far feel monsterous too? And aren't you here?

I have faith!! Relax (not to the point of slacking mind you, but enough to breath!!)

1/05/2006 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

I think socks are a great project for your right now, enough to calm your mind from all your work, but nothing too taxing to make you forget what your trying to memorize.

1/06/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Pretty socks! Perfect for your study breaks. Something to look forward to when you're tired of studying.

I second Ruth's suggestion of Victoria Island. I have not stayed in Vancouver per se because we were always en route to Whistler. If you're a skier or just want to visit a nice resort, Whistler would be the #1 pick.

See ya Saturday.

1/13/2006 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home