My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Swatching

Thursday, January 26

Swatching

It all started with a swatch, really. You see, I had this yarn. Lovely, red yarn. And I was tired of knitting with tiny dpns. And the socks were turning out to be different colors, which was making me very unhappy. And, truth be told, I cannot focus on anything for more than, oh, 5 minutes these days.

And so, this lovely little swatch of cranberry Dale Sisik -



Suddenly became this -



Why, it's a nearly finished Salina back! Bet you didn't see that coming. Me either. I don't imagine this sweater will be finished anytime soon, but I'm plugging away at a few rows each day. At least until I decide to forgive the Claudia socks for being different colors and pick up sock #2 again.

7 Comments:

Blogger janna said...

That yarn is gorgeous! And it's on sale at WeBS.... Of course, I love anything with mohair in it (one of my back-burner WIPs is a bubble-gum pink 100% mohair shawl). My current project, the baby jeans from Knitty, would look funny in mohair, though....

1/26/2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Looks great, Cyndi! Sometimes we just need a change.

1/26/2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

oooh, looking good! i agree with caitlyn, i'm a big advocate of changing things up a bit every once in awhile. =)

1/26/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Very nice, but I thought that yarn was for your Dale sweater? However, Salina is beautiful and you should knit whatever you like.

1/26/2006 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Wow that's an amazing swatch, it grew so wildly and so pretty. Magical yarn! I need some of that.

1/26/2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

It is so good to see this - I was planning to do Salina in Dale Sisik this coming fall. I love Sisik - one of my favorite yarns! I was going to use some of this same color for a vneck for the red in Project Spectrum!

It really looks great!

1/30/2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

By this time, that swatch should be a full-on sweater :-)

2/05/2006 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home