My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Back in action!

Saturday, February 25

Back in action!

Whew! What a miserable couple of weeks it has been. But, I am elated to have it behind me, and now comes the torturous three month wait for my results. I have no idea how I did on the exam, but I honestly did the best I could, which, really, is all I could ask for.

Yesterday was the first day in nearly four years that I didn't have to think about law or worry about studying. Boy, was it a good feeling! And, to make the day even better, it was Todd's birthday. To celebrate, I scheduled an introductory pilot lesson for him as a birthday gift. He's been tossing around the idea of getting his pilot's license for a while now, and since I'm finally done with school, I figured it is now his turn to go off and make his dreams happen.

Here are some pictures of the flight. I got to ride along (!) in the back seat of the plane. Other than the take-off and landing, Todd flew the plane pretty much the whole time we were in the air, with the instructor telling him exactly what to do. Crazy!





I also managed to get a little knitting done (very little!) during study breaks the past two weeks. I forgave the Claudia socks and finished sock number two.



These socks are so soft! I highly recommend Claudia Handpainted sock yarn for those of you who like variegated yarns. It is soft, and lovely to knit with. If you don't mind a little freaky pooling, it is luscious stuff. I won't be using it again though, because I cannot get past the fact that two socks will inevitably pool differently and end up not matching. It drives me nuts! No more variegated sock yarn for me, other than the yarn already in my stash. Self-striping and solid colored yarns are the only sock yarns for me!

I treated myself to a bunch more sock yarn yesterday - including some for my Sockapaloooza pal - several skeins of Opal Gems merino in different solid colors. I haven't picked out a pattern yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be using one of the stitch patterns from the Sensational Knitted Socks book.

I haven't made much more progress on Salina. I cast on for the front, and knit the waistband plus the decrease section.



I think this will be my one of my red projects for Lolly's Project Spectrum. I'm also going to knit a pair of socks out of the pretty pink and brown yarn that Dani gifted me during the Knitter's Review Secret Pal exchange.

We're heading off on our post-bar vacation tomorrow. Initially, we were planning on flying to Vancouver for a week, but due to astronomically priced plane tickets, we scaled down the trip and decided to drive up to Lake Tahoe and ski at Squaw Valley for 6 days instead. I'm looking forward to a fun week of skiing, knitting, and relaxing!

Oh, and I can't forget to say thanks to everyone for the yarn suggestions after my last post! Everyone's ideas were really helpful, and at some point I want to try all of the yarns you mentioned. And, I might actually be able to do so, since now I have ALL this extra time on my hands. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger janna said...

Hurray, hurray, and welcome back! I'm sure you passed the bar and, if you didn't --- well, doesn't the California Bar Exam have some ridiculously low first-time pass rate? So, you'll be in good company, either way!

Enjoy the trip - it's definitely time for you to have a little fun. (Oh - and you're really brave to ride along during a flying lesson!)

2/25/2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

yay for being done!! time to now forget about it all (until the results come in)! the intro pilot lesson a great birthday gift - what a lucky guy. and squaw is one of my fav spots. have lots of fun!! you deserve it. =)

2/25/2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

A much needed R&R! Gosh, I hope I gave you enough info on Squaw - look on trail maps for the lifts to the right of the bowl.

Cool pix of the plane ride. Which airport did you rent the plane?

Again, congrats on getting through the exams, have a great time in Tahoe!

2/26/2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

WooHoo! And yay for yarn shopping. Have a great trip and just marvel and the freedom to do whatever you want with your free time!

2/27/2006 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Congratulations for being through the worst of it! oh i can feel your relief from here. And what a wonderful way to celebrate being free, going on a small airplane ride. I toyed around with the idea of doing that for my hubby for an anniversary, but figured it'd be too expensive if he wanted to continue so got him a remote control airplane instead.

Have a wonderful trip skiing, I'm not jealous at all, nope not one bit, nope, okay I'm so green with envy, someone just came in and called me Kermit.

2/27/2006 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home