My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: In a funk...

Monday, March 13

In a funk...

I thought that once I was done with school and back into a regular routine, I'd be able to post a little more regularly. So far, that hasn't been the case though. I'm having a hard time adjusting to "real life" - I feel like I have 3 1/2 years of life to catch up on, including projects around the house, hobbies, friends, and generally relaxing.

So far my catching up has mostly included catching up on sleep, TV shows, and housework. I've also taken up a new-old hobby -- sewing! I sewed a lot of my own clothes when I was a teenager, but hadn't touched my sewing machine for years until about a week ago. Thanks to Sew-I-Knit, I've rediscovered my very first fiber obsession, and have a brand new skirt to show for it.

McCall's 3341, View C
Fully lined, with an invisible zipper and invisible hem


There hasn't been a lot of knitting around here lately, but I'll save what little there has been for another post.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

Very pretty! You'll have to model it for us. It must be extremely gratifying to be able to sew your own clothes.

I understand the funk, a post academia depression. Sometimes the body and mind take a little while to adjust. Call it a resting period.

3/14/2006 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Very nice skirt, the details are impressive, especially for someone like me who can't even sew a straight line.

3/14/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Very lovely. We all go through those funks. I jumped right into a new job after the bar and I think my funk is just catching up with me. Life will get on track soon.

3/14/2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Ooohh....very nice! (The skirt, I mean, not the funk.) My mom sews beautifully, but I never enjoyed it. I even gave Mom my sewing machine when her 30 year old one started having problems...

3/14/2006 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home