My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: A picture of my skirt

Thursday, March 23

A picture of my skirt

As requested by Lynette... a modeled picture of the skirt I sewed.



I'm pretty pleased overall with how the skirt turned out. I learned a few new things, including how to do an invisible zipper, lining, and an invisible hem with my sewing machine. I'm not super excited about the fabric, but it is very professional looking. It will be great for the 3 times a year I have to dress up at work. :)

I also created an invisible zipper tutorial for Sew I Knit, which I'm going to post here as well. You know, just in case any of you knitters decide to take up sewing, and need to learn how to sew an invisible zipper!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I really do like it. It's a very nice skirt. I always imagine I want exciting things to wear, but in the end I go back to the basics in my closet over and over again.

3/23/2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Sewing? That's what my mom is for..... (well, and lots of other things, too, of course, but she's very good at sewing!)

3/23/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

ooh ooh, sewing tutorials! looking forward to them =)

p.s. hey, it was a pleasant surprise seeing you at SnB the other week! i won't be there this week, but i'm hoping to make it the week after. see you soon!

3/27/2006 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home