My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Why a scale is sometimes a good thing

Wednesday, March 29

Why a scale is sometimes a good thing

On Sunday, I finished the first of the Sockapaloooza socks. I was hoping (unrealistically) to get two socks out of one skein of the Opal Louet Gems yarn - after all, in the latest issue of Interweave Knits, the lacy anklet pattern only uses one skein for a pair of socks! Nevermind that these aren't anklets, aren't really lacy, and most importantly, are about two sizes bigger than the Interweave pattern. Ah, optimism - one day it will be my downfall.

Fortunately I was able to determine that I was running short on yarn before I started the second sock. Read it and weep:




Yeah, I was a little off on my yarn estimate! Thankfully I was able to get another skein of the same yarn to start sock #2. I'm hoping to be done with it by the weekend.



There's another sewing project on deck too - Amy Butler's Weekender Travel Bag. I wasn't able to find her Sunbloom fabric anywhere, but a local quilting store carries some of her Charm line, so I'm using a lighter weight cotton with heavier interfacing. Hopefully it will work!



I also got Amy's Madison bag pattern - it reminds me of the Zelda knitting bag, which I adore but can't bring myself to buy. So, I'll make one instead!

Keep those blog name suggestions coming! I've abandoned the Domestic Adventures idea ("sounds like a parenting blog" "sounds kind of kinky" "I just hate that name"), and have gotten some other great names. Get your entry in by Friday for a chance to win some yarn!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh, I love that fabric! I was thinking I'd be all creative and make my own pattern, but the Weekender and Madison bags are tempting me - a lot. Oh, what to do.

3/29/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I've got that pattern, and I really want to do it for this month's sew I knit too, but I'm really intimdated by it! Maybe I'll wait, and watch you make it to give me more confidence! :)

3/29/2006 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Love that sock!

3/30/2006 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home