My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Backyard Leaves, among the backyard leaves

Tuesday, April 25

Backyard Leaves, among the backyard leaves

My wisteria tree is so pretty this time of year, I couldn't resist using it as the backdrop for my completed Backyard Leaves scarf.


I finished the scarf on Sunday evening, sewed the two halves together, and weaved in the ends. This project went really fast - one week from start to finish! Why can't every project be like this? I plan to give the scarf a light steam blocking before sending it off to the recipient, then it's time to start finishing my other projects before I become tempted to start something new.

Backyard Leaves in Review:
Pattern: Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style
Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8, in Periwinkle (24) [I think that's the right color]
Needles: Lantern Moon Rosewood, size 8, because I wanted to knit this on short straight needles, and those are the only ones I own!
Modifications: None
Thoughts: Have I mentioned that I adore this pattern? So simple, yet not at all boring to knit, and the end result is fabulous. The 20 row repeat isn't exactly memorizeable, although I only had to refer to the chart on a few of the rows that didn't intuitively follow the rest of the pattern (the two or three rows following the leaf tips)

5 Comments:

Anonymous caitlyn said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!! That was definitely a quick knit for you. It will make a lovely gift for your friend.

4/25/2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I don't know which is prettier, your tree or your scarf. I love that blue - it's so happy. I can't believe you knit that scarf in a week. I seem to recall the one I knit taking quite awhile.

4/26/2006 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Backyard looks great, I love wisteria tress, a perfect display for a beautiful scarf.

4/26/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

PRETTY!! because yours ended up so nicely knit, i'm queuing this for a project this fall ;)

4/26/2006 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Dipsy said...

Hi from Austria! I absolutely love that scarf, it's so pretty, and such cheerful colors! And the Wisteria Tree is just perfect to display it!

4/27/2006 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home