My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Off on a tangent

Monday, April 17

Off on a tangent

Just when I think I have a plan to finish all of the projects I've started on, something new comes up. I've been making good progress on the front of Salina, working my way through the foot of Jaywalker #1, and pining for the long neglected Snowflake. But, a week ago, a friend did something really nice for me, and in lieu of payment, she said that she'd love it if I would knit her a scarf. Something blue, she said.

I've been eyeing the Backyard Leaves pattern for a while, and thought it would be the perfect thing - simple, elegant, and pretty. So, on Saturday I bought some gorgeous blue yarn (Karabella Aurora 8), and started knitting.

  

I've got 8 repeats done so far, 14 or so left to go. After a slow start, I've got the hang of the pattern now and am flying through it. I've read rave reviews of the pattern in blogland, and I have to say, I agree. This pattern is brilliant. The edging is by far the best scarf edging I've ever seen, and the leaf pattern is amazing in its simple beauty.

Was anyone else a bit freaked out when they started knitting this pattern though? Cast on 10 stitches? That couldn't be nearly enough! And the chart looked a bit foreboding too. But, lo & behold, everything worked out perfectly.

 

I'm going to be working on this scarf until I have it done, then back to finishing up my other projects.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Gorgeous. I love that pattern and it was a fun knit. The blue is a wonderful color. Plans are made to be broken!

4/17/2006 10:00 AM  
Anonymous caitlyn said...

Wow...that was fast!! It looks fabulous so far and will make a wonderful gift for your friend.

4/17/2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

What a beautiful, striking scarf! Looks complicated and difficult, but from your post it sounds pretty easy to learn. I'll have to check it out!

4/18/2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

very pretty!!! i'm sure it is luxuriously soft too. i've been eyeing that pattern too. your friend is going to love this. =)

4/18/2006 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

That happens to be all the time, I'm pretty sure my middle name, Irene, means side-tracked.

The scarf is beautiful though, your friend will love it.

4/18/2006 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home