My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Random Thoughts on a Thursday

Thursday, April 20

Random Thoughts on a Thursday

- Finished the first half of Backyard Leaves last night. Dang, that is a neat pattern. I could knit leaf repeats all day long. No time for pictures though.

- The Knit & Crochet Show is in Oakland this weekend & Amtrak is sponsoring a Stitch & Ride train to get there. Sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm a big fan of taking the train into the Bay Area. Still can't decide whether I should go or not. I'm thinking probably... especially if it is going to rain again this weekend.

- Still haven't had a chance to work on the Weekender any more. Why is it that I seem to have less time now that I'm at home than I did when I was in school? Must get out the sewing machine again soon.

- Had a knitting lunch with Lynette on Tuesday. Very cool to have another knitter at work to meet up with occasionally. And it doesn't hurt that she is a way awesome person either! So glad I've gotten to know her.

- SnB tonight - I remembered this time! :-) Caitlyn & Ruth, I'll see you there!

- UPS: HATE THEM. They lost my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding this summer. Really. Lost. Technically, they claim to have delivered it. Left it by the front door, they said. Right. No dress by the front door. Neighbors didn't see anything. My guess is that someone walking down the street saw the UPS guy leave and decided to see what he left. Why on earth would you leave a package insured for $200 by someone's front door without getting a signature? WHY??? Thankfully I was able to order a replacement dress that will arrive before the wedding (barely), but it will cost me about $75 more than the original dress to have it rushed. And this, after the curtain debacle. Suffice it to say, I will NEVER willingly partake of UPS's "services" again.

- Off to work, to my spacious (ha!) new cubicle. It is taking some time to get used to the cube world after being in an office for 3.5 years.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Dani said...

Go go go to the show if you can make it - I need to love vicariously LOL

Sorry for the additional UPS issues - I dont like them at all either. And is there any way you can get them to cover the extra cost you incurred? They should, really!!

Have fun in the cube =)

4/20/2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I wanna work with you guys! Why the new cube? Stupid UPS (although around here they're much more reliable than FedEx).

4/20/2006 9:23 AM  
Anonymous caitlyn said...

Yay for progress on Backyard Leaves! Sorry about dress issue -- I hope they can cover the extra $75? See you tonight.

4/20/2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

how fun that you can meet up with lynette for lunch! see you tonight - will you be bringing your backyard leaves with you??? =)

4/20/2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger janna said...

So who'd you piss off at UPS? They definitely have it in for you!

Go to Oakland! One of the women from my knitting group here in San Antonio is going (and has gone several times in the past), so it must be great. Plus, the Stitch & Ride train sounds so cool!

4/20/2006 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

UPS constantly leaves packages at our house without a signature, even when someone is standing int he yard. Fortunately we live in a small town and never have had a problem, but I've always thought it was stupid of them, how else do they prove they successfully delivered it.

4/20/2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I hope you make it to Oakland - it sounds fun and maybe you can get a few books signed ;-) Tell me all about it at our next lunch.

The scarf is so pretty. Your friend will love it.

4/21/2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home