Random Thoughts on a Thursday
- Finished the first half of Backyard Leaves last night. Dang, that is a neat pattern. I could knit leaf repeats all day long. No time for pictures though.
- The Knit & Crochet Show is in Oakland this weekend & Amtrak is sponsoring a Stitch & Ride train to get there. Sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm a big fan of taking the train into the Bay Area. Still can't decide whether I should go or not. I'm thinking probably... especially if it is going to rain again this weekend.
- Still haven't had a chance to work on the Weekender any more. Why is it that I seem to have less time now that I'm at home than I did when I was in school? Must get out the sewing machine again soon.
- Had a knitting lunch with Lynette on Tuesday. Very cool to have another knitter at work to meet up with occasionally. And it doesn't hurt that she is a way awesome person either! So glad I've gotten to know her.
- SnB tonight - I remembered this time! :-) Caitlyn & Ruth, I'll see you there!
- UPS: HATE THEM. They lost my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding this summer. Really. Lost. Technically, they claim to have delivered it. Left it by the front door, they said. Right. No dress by the front door. Neighbors didn't see anything. My guess is that someone walking down the street saw the UPS guy leave and decided to see what he left. Why on earth would you leave a package insured for $200 by someone's front door without getting a signature? WHY??? Thankfully I was able to order a replacement dress that will arrive before the wedding (barely), but it will cost me about $75 more than the original dress to have it rushed. And this, after the curtain debacle. Suffice it to say, I will NEVER willingly partake of UPS's "services" again.
- Off to work, to my spacious (ha!) new cubicle. It is taking some time to get used to the cube world after being in an office for 3.5 years.