My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.onpinsandneedles.org and update your bookmarks.

Ms. Knits: Sockapaloooza Socks - Done!

Wednesday, April 5

Sockapaloooza Socks - Done!

Presenting the Elongated Corded Rib socks!

All ready to be sent off to their rightful owner, just as soon as May rolls around. I'm a little sad to have to send these off, because I really like how they turned out. The yarn, the pattern, the lovely proportionate short row heel - these may be my favorite socks that I've knit so far. But, I know I have to give them up. And, they are a bit big for me, so no use keeping them for myself! I'm reminded of something that Ashley said during her quest to create the perfect sockapalooza socks for her pal - "it is a good rule of thumb for gifts in general, not just socks: give something that the recipient will love, but that you are also a teeny bit sad to part with." So true!

Sock Details:

Yarn: Louet Sales Gems Opal Sport Weight in Neptune (2 skeins)
Pattern: Elongated Corded Rib pattern, from Sensational Knitted Socks (my new favorite sock book)
Needles: Size 3, 8" metal dpns
Modifications: Replaced flap heel with short row heel
Thoughts: Love the yarn, love knitting socks on size 3 needles (bless you, my sock pal, for not requesting socks knit on size 0 needles!), love the pattern, love the book. Can't wait to see how my sock pal likes them!

And, on another note, thank you for all the kind words and thoughts about Todd. Thankfully, he's doing much better after a couple of days of rest. He's gotten some of his memory back (still can't remember skiing at all), and is back at work today. I'll be keeping a close eye on him for the next few months to make sure there is nothing unusual happening, and before we go skiing again next winter, we will definitely be purchasing ski helmets.

14 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

your socks really look so pretty!! i would be a tad sad to part with them myself. i'm certain your sockpal will love them - at least i sure would! =) and great to hear that todd is improving!

4/05/2006 10:48 AM  
Anonymous caitlyn said...

Beautiful socks!! Congratulations on finishing them so quickly.

4/05/2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Yay! You rock. And did you make a little i-cord tie to wrap them up with? What an awesome touch! And a perfect way to send a little extra yarn to your pal in case she ever needs to darn them.

4/06/2006 6:19 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Gorgeous socks and I love the i-cord - gret idea. I think I'll be sad to see mine go too. I'm glad Todd's doing better.

4/06/2006 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Oh they are lovely, and I love that sock book too.

4/06/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Great socks - and you're right - Sensational Knitted Socks is a great book! And great news about Todd, too. (everything's just great today! ;-)

4/06/2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Very pretty! I can see why you'd be a little bit sad to part with those. Your pal will love them!

4/11/2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Oh, those are such gorgeous socks!!

4/11/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

gorgeous socks in a gorgeous color. Wishing I had larger feet so these could be mine!

4/11/2006 11:16 AM  
Anonymous dana said...

pretty socks - and lovely presentation too.

4/11/2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

So pretty! I will have to find a copy of that book. Wrapping them in I-cord is a great idea!

4/11/2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger chawne said...

Those are the most precious socks ever! Congratulations!

4/11/2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Oh, your socks are so pretty! I'm going to have to make myself a pair of those. Such a lovely shade of blue.

4/12/2006 5:36 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hi pal o mine! I'm embarrassed it has taken me so long to get over here to say hi. I love my socks soooooo much! They have been wonderful to wear at work. Of course I was pulling up my pants to show everyone that walked by. Lots of ooohs and ahhhhs:)
Thank you again!!

5/15/2006 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home